A delicious Vegan spin on Macaroni and Cheese that has no cheese! Give this recipe a go in your Vitamix and wow your guests and family!
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2 sweet potatoes, 3 cups chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 500gms Elbow Macaroni
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaped tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 corn cobs
- 1 cup tofu
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and cut your sweet potato. Place into baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt. Place into oven for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- As your sweet potato is cooking cook your pasta according to the packet and once done, set aside.
- Combine in a bowl your lemon juice, mustard, cinnamon, tamari, garlic powder, chilli flakes, nutritional yeast, olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop the corn off your cob and place into a small frying pan with some olive oil. Fry until it starts to brown a little bit. Set aside on a plate.
- Place your firm, chopped tofu onto the same frying pan and cook until browned. Feel free to season it with some chili sauce. Set aside with your corn once cooked.
- Remove your sweet potatoes from the oven (do not turn off heat) and add the sweet potatoes, seasoning mix and Almond Milk to your Vitamix 2L container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10 and override to HIGH.
- Use your tamper effectively to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place your macaroni noodles into a casserole dish and pour your “cream” mixture over noodles and mix together.
- Add in your corn and tofu and mix again.
- Place in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
- Vitamix Blender
- Casserole Dish
1 large casserole dish