It’s time to impress your loved one with this Vegan Peppermint Kiss. It’s decadent and mouth watering, and will become a favourite raw dessert recipe in your kitchen.
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raw carob powder
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 cups of your favourite melted chocolate, make sure it’s vegan
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- Line a 9×9 inch baking tray with parchment paper
- Add all base ingredients to your Vitamix wet container in the order listed above and pulse on high until you get a crumbly texture. I like to leave large chunks of almonds in there but you can process it longer if you don’t want any large chunks.
- Press all base ingredients into your lined tray and pop into the fridge to set / harden.
- Add all mint layer ingredients to your Vitamix wet container and blend until nice and smooth.
- Pour on top of your base.
- Pop into the fridge or freezer to set.
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- When melted stir in some coconut oil.
- Pour your melted chocolate over your peppermint layer and spread until smooth.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Once your slice has set in the fridge take out and cut into individual slices. It’s a good idea to keep these chilled right up until serving.