It’s time to impress your guests with this Vegan Peppermint Kiss. It’s decadent and should fast become a staple recipe in the kitchen.
Ingredients – Base
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup raw carob powder
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked
Ingredients – Mint Layer
- 3 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 cups coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 3 tsp peppermint extract
Ingredients – Chocolate Layer
- 2 cups your favourite melted chocolate. Make sure it’s vegan
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
Method – Base
- Line a 9 inch x 9 inch baking tray with parchment paper
- Add all base ingredients to your Vitamix wet container in the order listed above and pulse on HIGH until you get a crumbly texture. I like to leave large chunks of almonds in there but you can process it longer if you don’t want any large chunks.
- Press all base ingredients into your lined tray and pop into the fridge to set / harden.
Method – Mint Layer
- Add all mint layer ingredients to your Vitamix wet container and blend until nice and smooth.
- Pour on top of your base.
- Pop into the fridge or freezer to set.
Method – Chocolate Layer
- Melt your chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- When melted stir in some coconut oil.
- Pour your melted chocolate over your peppermint layer and spread until smooth.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Once your slice has set in the fridge take out and cut into individual slices. It’s a good idea to keep these chilled right up until serving.