A delicious Whole Wheat Pizza recipe for you to try in the Vitamix. It’s delicious crispy and full of good fibre! Top with healthy fruits and vegetables.
Ingredients – Pizza Sauce
- 1 punnet (250g) of mini Roma Tomatoes
- 220g sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients – Pizza Base
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat grain (or wholemeal flour)
- 3/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 165ml hot water
- 2 tsp olive oil
Method – Pizza Sauce
- Add ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 and quickly increase to high speed, and blend for about 10 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Method – Pizza Base
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C (425 F)
- Using the Vitamix Dry Container (wet container will also work) grind the whole grain into flour on high speed, for about 45 seconds. Note: if using the Vitamix 2L Low Profile Container you will need to double the recipe ingredients.
- Keep 1 ½ cups of ground flour inside the Vitamix Dry Container and set aside the remaining flour to use later.
- Place the yeast and salt into the Dry Container and blend on high speed for 5 seconds. Turn the machine off and remove the lid plug.
- Select variable speed 6 and use the on/off switch to quickly pulse about 30 short times in 25 seconds while slowly adding oil and water through the lid plug opening. Remove lid and use a spatula to scrape the dough off the sides.
- Secure the lid and continue pulsing another 30 times until a dough ball forms.
- After the dough ball has formed, pulse continuously for 10 to 15 seconds
- Use some of the leftover flour and sprinkle onto a chopping board. With floured hands, remove the dough and form into a round ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, tuning over to grease all around. Let rise 10 minutes for a thin crust.
- Use about 3/4 of the dough and stretch into a 30 cm (12-inch) pizza crust or split the dough into 2 smaller sized pizzas. Top the pizzas as desired (we used our home-made pizza sauce, capsicum, mushrooms, olives, vegan cheese) and bake for about 15 minutes. Garnish with rocket leaves (Arugula), drizzle with olive oil and serve.