A delicious Whole Wheat Pizza recipe for you to try in the Vitamix. It’s delicious crispy and full of good fibre! Top with healthy fruits and vegetables.
Shop Vitamix by Region
Ingredients – Pizza Sauce
- 1 punnet (250g) of mini Roma Tomatoes
- 220g sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients – Pizza Base
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat grain (or wholemeal flour)
- 3/4 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 165ml hot water
- 2 tsp olive oil
Method – Pizza Sauce
- Add ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 and quickly increase to high speed, and blend for about 10 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
Method – Pizza Base
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C (425 F)
- Using the Vitamix Dry Container (wet container will also work) grind the whole grain into flour on high speed, for about 45 seconds. Note: if using the Vitamix 2L Low Profile Container you will need to double the recipe ingredients.
- Keep 1 ½ cups of ground flour inside the Vitamix Dry Container and set aside the remaining flour to use later.
- Place the yeast and salt into the Dry Container and blend on high speed for 5 seconds. Turn the machine off and remove the lid plug.
- Select variable speed 6 and use the on/off switch to quickly pulse about 30 short times in 25 seconds while slowly adding oil and water through the lid plug opening. Remove lid and use a spatula to scrape the dough off the sides.
- Secure the lid and continue pulsing another 30 times until a dough ball forms.
- After the dough ball has formed, pulse continuously for 10 to 15 seconds
- Use some of the leftover flour and sprinkle onto a chopping board. With floured hands, remove the dough and form into a round ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl, tuning over to grease all around. Let rise 10 minutes for a thin crust.
- Use about 3/4 of the dough and stretch into a 30 cm (12-inch) pizza crust or split the dough into 2 smaller sized pizzas. Top the pizzas as desired (we used our home-made pizza sauce, capsicum, mushrooms, olives, vegan cheese) and bake for about 15 minutes. Garnish with rocket leaves (Arugula), drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- Vitamix Blender
- Pizza Tray
- Rolling Pin