This is the winning recipe from our recipe competition in 2013. Super delicious, light on the stomach and full on taste! Give it a go for a delicious dinner or lunch.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 4 large zucchinis
- 10 basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp cold-pressed olive oil
- dash of salt
- Optional: 1 tsp lime juice
Ingredients – For Creamy Sauce
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 50ml water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 small date or 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
For Marinara Sauce:
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 8-10 sun-dried tomatoes (preferably oil-free)
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Optional: 1/2 small red chilli
- Using spiraliser, spiralise the zucchinis into a big bowl. If you do not have a spiraliser, use a vegetable peeler to shave zucchini into long strips.
- Toss the Zpaghetti (spiralized zucchinis) with chopped basil leave, salt, olive oil and lime juice (if using) and set aside to marinate for around 5-10 minutes while you prepare the sauces.
- Make the Creamy Sauce by putting its all ingredient in your Vitamix blender and processing until smooth creamy texture is reached.
- Make the Marinara Sauce by placing all its ingredients in your Vitamix and processing until you reach chunky consistency of the traditional Italian marinara.
- Pour any access liquid off the Zpaghetti and divide them into two separate bowls.
- Add the creamy sauce into one bowl and mix the Zpaghetti with the sauce until coated evenly.
- Add the marinara sauce into the other bowl and gently toss.
- Now the Zpaghetti is ready to be served. Arrange the Zpaghetti into two separate servings (one with the creamy sauce and the other with the marinara) on the plate and serve.