Are you looking for a tasty pasta alternative? Then you will love our Zucchini Pasta with Kale Walnut & Chilli Pesto. It’s raw, vegan and very delicious.
- As many zucchinis as required (sizes vary but usually about 1-2 medium zucchinis per person).
Kale, Walnut & Chilli Pesto Sauce
- 3/4 cup quality raw cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 cups kale
- 1 cup basil
- 3/4 cup walnuts (or pine nuts)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)
- pinch salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: 1/2 hot birds eye chilli
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 red onion (finely sliced)
- handful pine nuts
- pepper to taste
- Use a spirooli or vegetable spiralizer to make zucchini pasta.
Kale, Walnut & Chilli Pesto
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 7.
- Use tamper effectively to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine.
- Mix the zucchini pasta, cherry tomatoes and as much pesto as desired and in a large bowl.
- Serve onto plates.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of red onion, pine nuts and a good crack of pepper to taste.
- Peel zucchinis first for a better presented dish.