- 3 large pasteurized egg yolks
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 large garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 cup (240 ml) light olive oil
- Optional sprig of fresh Dill
- Put egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase to speed 8.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- While machine is running, remove the lid plug and drop in garlic cloves through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for 10 seconds, then reduce speed to Variable 6.
- With the machine still running, slowly pour oil in a thin, steady stream through the lid plug opening until emulsified.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds total or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container.