Do you ever hit the gym, leave feeling fantastic and then about an hour later you feel absolutely zapped? Perhaps you’re not giving your body what it needs to repair itself. A post workout snack can help to replenish energy and repair your muscles. You see ultimately, working out makes us stronger, fitter and helps to increase our metabolism but short term it requires our body to repair.
In a very basic form, our body repairs through the breakdown of old and damaged proteins and then the production of new ones. To assist the repairing process we can give ourselves two important things, protein and carbohydrates. Protein to assist protein synthesis and carbohydrates to help replace glycogen.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 2 bananas
- 2-3 Tbsp organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp raw honey
- sprinkle cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- crushed peanuts
- cinnamon sugar
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Top with crushed peanuts and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and enjoy!
- I drizzled the inside of my mason jar with our delicious chocolate topping recipe to add a little something extra when sipping on your smoothie!