Our Pesto Recipe is delicious as a homemade dip or served with your favourite pasta. It’s bursting with flavour and fresh ingredients.
Looking for a different spin on the traditional pesto recipe? Try our Pistachio Pesto!
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese (or 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast to keep vegan)
- 3 medium garlic cloves (peeled)
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbsp (25 g) pine nuts
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase to speed 7.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Recipe yields enough sauce to coat 450g of pasta.