Sergei Boutenko (Powered By Green Smoothies): is an adventurer, author, filmmaker, and lover of life. As he travels the world, he often comes in contact with inspirational people and interesting things. Filming his many adventures and sharing them with the world through his website.
Sergei also has a blog to share his thoughts on the many things that excite him. He is particularly passionate about natural health and wild edibles and many of his films, books, and blog posts reflect these two passions.
In the summer of 2013, Sergei Boutenko decided to find out how green smoothies affected the performance of athletes. Sergei rounded up 10 endurance athletes and put them on a green smoothie challenge for six weeks. Sergei then documented what happened with his HD video camera. The results of this project were so exciting, you would have to see it to believe it! Be sure to check out the film ‘Powered by Green Smoothies!’
His work is always helpful and inspiring and we are lucky enough to have Sergei as our Featured Friend this month. View the full Featured Friend interview!
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 1 cup common lambs quarters (an edible weed)
- 1 cup stinging nettles (an edible weed)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 mango
- 2-3 cups water
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- This is a recipe from Tommy’s Blog Post: Featured Friend Interview: Sergei Boutenko