We love how simple it is to whip up delicious soup creations in the Vitamix and this recipe is just a dream to make and share! If you’re not into using cashews feel free to use White Beans to help thicken up your creation.
Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2 cups room temperature water
- 150g organic button mushrooms
- 2 shallots/spring onion
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 small handful cashews
- 1 small handful almonds (soaked)
- 1 small handful parsley
- 1/2 tsp herbal salt or sea salt
- 1 small slice ginger (with peel)
- 1 clove garlic (with peel)
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- Start with hot water to speed up the process, blend for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.
- This soup is very rich in consistency and flavour.
- Make sure to always check that the nuts that you are buying are gluten free.
More Mushroom Recipes: