Shop Vitamix by Region
- 2 cups room temperature water
- 2-3 cups butternut pumpkin (chopped, without peel and seeds)
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 shallot/spring onion
- 1/2 cup brazil nuts
- 1/2 clove garlic (with peel)
- 1 kaffir lime leaf
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp herbal salt or a Massel (vegetarian) stock cube
- 1/4 jalapeno or chilli (with stem and seeds)
- 1 small slice ginger (with peel)
Optional Chunky Style
- red capsicum
- sweet corn
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select speed 1, turn the machine on and quickly increase to the highest speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Add optional chunky style ingredients and blend for 5-10 seconds on low speed.
- Stop the machine and serve with some chopped vegetable croutons.
- Start with hot water to speed up the process, blend for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.
More soup recipes: