It’s not going to bring all the boys to your yard but this Chocolate Milkshake recipe is certainly set to deliver a taste explosion!
With the goodness of REAL ingredients you can enjoy this creation without the guilt of any nasty additives. It’s also perfect for those who are lactose intolerant. Win!
Why should I be limiting my dairy intake?
Did you know that humans are the only species on the planet that drinks another species milk?
- Dairy products, especially ice cream and cheese, are loaded with fat and cholesterol as well as sugar which can lead to clogged arteries, heart disease, obesity and diabetes. NO THANKS!
- Modern methods of dairy processing are extremely concerning. In an attempt to keep up the dairy production levels, the dairy industry has been known to use bovine growth hormone (BST) which is a controversial, genetically engineered growth hormone which is injected into cows to increase milk production. Many countries have banned the use of this hormone! Cows are even kept pregnant most of their lives on both commercial AND organic farms. During pregnancy a cows hormones, such as estrogen and progesterone are extremely high and these hormones are present in the milk!
- Eating a lot of dairy products can lead to inflammation in the body. INFLAMMATION IS SUPER BAD!
So judging by these facts… I think we should definitely limit our dairy intake!
I understand that some people will still have a bit in their morning coffee etc. however, I think it’s a great idea to try and limit our dairy intake as much as we can.
Here’s a recipe to get the ball rolling!
Submitted by: Raw Blend
Serves: 2 people
- 1 fresh coconut (flesh and water)
- 1 serve vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. cacao powder (or carob)
- 1/2 Tbsp. maca powder
- 1 tsp. lucuma powder
- 1 serve chia seeds
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. coconut nectar
- Pinch sea salt
- Generous sprinkle of Cinnamon Powder
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to HIGH speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 20-40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.