This recipe is certainly a winner when it comes to snacks. It’s loaded with real ingredients and no nasty additives or sugar. It’s super handy to put in the kids lunch boxes if you omit the nuts as many more schools are banning nuts due to extreme allergies.
Feel free to add in any additional bits and bobs too like some Cacao nibs or Goji berries, however, I always find simple is better. Sub out the almonds for sesame seeds if you are in contact regularly with those who suffer from nut allergies.
No Muesli Bars
Submitted by Claire @ Team Raw Blend
Makes: 8 bars
Serves: 8 people
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Rectangular lamington tray
- 1 cup slithered almonds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (soaked)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds (soaked)
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon Rice Malt Syrup
- ¼ cup Tahini
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine your chia seeds and flaxseeds in a glass and cover with water and let soak. Stirring occasionally. This should create a nice gel.
- Combine your almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add melted coconut oil, tahini, Rice Malt Syrup and your Chia/Flax gel and combine.
- Transfer into a lined lamington tray and press down making sure it’s spread evenly.
- Place in the freezer to set for about an hour before slicing into individual bars.
Feel free to drizzle chocolate and chopped fruit and coconut over the top for a super special treat!