This week’s recipe is inspired by an amazing image I saw on Pinterest which then lead me to the wonderful blog written by Earthsprout.
As I was making them and taking photos to me they looked like little Santa Hats! PERFECT for this time of year!
RAW Crunchy Fig base – Ingredients
- 200 g dried figs (soaked for 5 hours)
- 1/2 cup (1dl) pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup (1/2dl) sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1-3 tsp water
- 1 pinch of good quality salt
RAW Crunchy Fig base – Method
- Place your base ingredients into your Vitamix wet container and secure the lid.
- Pulse your machine on and off at variable speed 8 around 2-3 times. Each pulse should last about 2 seconds.
- Turn your machine onto HIGH speed and use your tamper to push the ingredients down to the blade and form a rough dough.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out your dough and cut into pieces roughly 9cm long and 4cm wide.
A trick when rolling out dough is to have the rolling pin slightly wet so the dough mixture doesn’t stick!
5. Roll them up individually and press together the ends. Put in the fridge while making the sauce and the filling.
Cheesecake filling – Ingredients
- 1 can of coconut milk (for raw version use a young coconut and blend meat + water)
- 2 small organic bananas
- 1/2 organic lemon, zest & juice
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
Cheesecake filling – Method
- Place cans of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 6-10 hours to cool and separate. Open can and scoop out only the top firm white layer and put in a bowl. (Save the liquid for a soup or smoothie!) Whisk until creamy.
- Blend bananas, lemon juice, lemon zest and cardamom in your Vitamix 2L wet container and then transfer to a separate bowl. Gently fold into the creamy coconut and place in the freezer.
RAW Spiced Cranberry Sauce – Ingredients
- 3/4 cup frozen cranberries, thawed (you can use dried cranberries that have been soaked for 5 hours)
- 3 large soft dates, pitted
- 5 Tbsp water
- 1/2 star anise
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 1 organic orange, juice + zest
RAW Spiced Cranberry Sauce – Method
- Grind star anise and cloves in a coffee grinder or by using a mortar.
- Place the sauce ingredients into your 2L wet container and secure the lid.
- Blend on high until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Use your tamper to push the ingredients down to the blade.
- Spoon some sauce over the top of the cheesecake mixture. If you have any leftovers you can freeze it and keep for a few months or store it in an airtight container for up to a week.