Vegan Snickers Slice! Because you’re not yourself when you’re hungry. These are super yummy to snack on to ensure no tricks and all treats for this Halloween. Feel free to sub out the Tahini for a nut butter of choice.
The beauty of this recipe is that it doesn’t contain any nasties and you can change things around to suit your dietary requirements .
Vegan Snickers Slice
Or you could call it the Vegan TRICKERS slice…
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes: 1 slice tray
Serves: 8-10 people
Ingredients – The Base
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp organic maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp pine nuts
- 100mls almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 pinch Himalayan sea salt
Ingredients – The Caramel
- 10 dates, soaked for 24 hours and drained (soaking them is important as this is what creates the caramel flavour)
- 1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Water (if needed to make the caramel smooth)
- 1.5 cups Brazil nuts
Ingredients – Chocolate Topping
- 12 tbsp cacao butter
- 12 tbsp cacao powder or carob powder
- 8 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- Pinch Himalayan sea salt
Method – Base
- Place your base ingredients into your Vitamix 2L wet container and secure the lid.
- Pulse your machine on and off 5 times on HIGH speed for about 2 seconds each time.
- Leave your machine on HIGH speed and blend until you have formed a dough to mold into your base. Use your tamper effectively as this is a thick mixture.
- Place in a slice tray and freeze for 10 minutes in the freezer.
Method – Caramel
- As your base is freezing, place all caramel ingredients into your Vitamix 2L wet container, EXCEPT FOR THE BRAZIL NUTS and secure the lid.
- Turn your machine on to variable speed 1, immediately turn up to speed 10 and then quickly override the speed to HIGH.
- Blend using your tamper effectively and stop when you have reached a nice smooth consistency.
- Pour the caramel layer over your base and sprinkle on top some brazil nuts or a nut of your choice.
- Place back in the freezer to set.
Method – Chocolate topping
- Melt you cacao butter and mix well with the cacao powder, maple syrup and salt.
- Pour over the top of your base and caramel and set in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Eat it all.
- If there happens to be any left add them to an airtight container and store in the freezer.