Hey guys its Tommy here from Raw Blend! Today I’m making for you a brand new recipe that is fast becoming my favourite soup to make in the Vitamix. My new Coconut Curry Soup and I am going to be showcasing the best high powered blender on the market, the Vitamix Ascent 3500i.
Coconut Curry Soup
Submitted by Tommy @Raw Blend
Makes: 750ml – 1L
- 1 young coconut (flesh and water) – about 1 cup of water, make up with filtered water if more is required
- 1 whole carrot (with peel)
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 1 small slice green cabbage
- 1 spring onion (or shallot)
- 1 small lemon wedge (with peel)
- 1 medjool date (pitted)
- 1 handful cashews (more if not much coconut flesh is used to cream up soup)
- 1 small handful coriander
- 1 tiny slice ginger (5mm by 10mm thick)
- 1 tiny slice of birds eye chilli (3 mm thick with seeds)
- 1 vegetarian stock cube (Massel)
- Salt & Pepper
- red capsicum (julienne slices)
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine.
- Serve on top of zucchini or cucumber noodles.
- If using a machine with automatic functions, blend on soup setting.
- If using hot water run for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.