G’day guys! Tommy here in the Raw Blend kitchen and today I will be making for you my brand new Green Smoothie Madness Recipe. This smoothie recipe is so NEW that I don’t even know what I’m putting in it yet! It’s all about filling your Vitamix with green goodness. Now we call this an Advanced Green Smoothie, this is probably not something you want to try if you have never tasted a green smoothie before. Consider this recipe something that you have to work your taste buds up to.
Our modern day bodies are programmed or have been re-wired thanks to our lifestyles to crave and respond to sweet, sugary flavours so green smoothies the first time you try them can taste a little bitter. We don’t want to scare you away but my suggestion is to leave this recipe is for the Green Smoothie Pro’s and work your way up to it. If you’re a Green Smoothie beginner try our Green Smoothie Show Signature Recipe.
Green Smoothie Madness Recipe
- 1 fresh coconut (flesh and water)
- 2 kiwi fruits (peeled)
- 1 banana
- 1 leaf kale
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1 handful rocket/arugula
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 2 cups ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- If using the Vitamix Pro 750, you can use the smoothie setting.
- If you’re eating any fruit peels, ensure fruit is organic and washed well.