It’s heating up in Australia and this Watermelon Coconut Smoothie Recipe will definitely keep you hydrated and chilled and perfect for the holiday season coming up. This recipe is super easy to make and tastes delicious! Watermelon has so many benefits but be weary as it is high in sugar. You can always add in a different milk as well if you are not a fan of coconut milk.
For benefits on Watermelon check out our WILD FOR WATERMELON blog post by Ameka.
Watermelon Coconut Smoothie Recipe
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
- 1 ½ cups cubed (1-inch chunks) seedless watermelon, frozen
- 1 cup coconut milk (freshly made, not canned)
- 1/2 frozen banana, optional
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 60-90 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Make sure you plan ahead and freeze your watermelon.