Last week I spilled the beans on my current adrenal situation. With my body ready to regenerate and get back on track, I have been looking for foods and recipes to help heal my body from the inside out. There are a lot of do’s and don’ts on the food list but i was able to create a delicious Adrenal EmergenC Smoothie Recipe with all the right things to help my body get back on track. This recipe has some fantastic anti-inflammatory properties, it’s full of vitamin C which helps build healthy immune systems, while allowing us to absorb those all important nutrients our body has been missing out on! This recipe is also packed with protein and includes just the right amount of salt to help replace those depleted minerals. It also contains a good amount of healthy fats and just a hint of sweetness!
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 oranges with pith
- 2-4 scoops of your favourite protein powder (I used Hemp Protein Powder)
- generous slice of ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3-4 generous cracks of pink Himalayan rock salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 vanilla bean or tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
Do you have a secret weapon when it comes to your adrenals? Share with us in the comments below your favorite recipes!