I LOVE curries and Asian flavours when I’m cooking in the kitchen! Not only do I think that they are super delicious but I know that the herbs and spices used to cook some of these culinary delights are so beneficial for my digestive system, my immune system and just my health in general that there’s no darn reason not to enjoy.
With the weather warming up, curries and soups are often forgotten, right? Well, I decided that there is no reason not to enjoy soup on a warm spring day so, I grabbed the best blender in the world and quite possibly my best friend (in the kitchen that is) and whipped up this sweet and spicy soup. It has just the right balance of flavour and freshness that it tastes so light, it can be enjoyed all year around. So seriously, what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and get blending!
Basil & Lemongrass Soup
Serves: 2 -4 people
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- ¼ zucchini
- ½ green capsicum
- 1 can green peas 8oz
- 1-2 spring onions (shallots)
- 2 cloves garlic
- knob of ginger (1 inch)
- 1 green chili
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 10 leaves fresh basil
- 5-6 leaves fresh mint
- 1 cup baby spinach
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup cashews
- salt & pepper
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve hot!
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onions, basil and mint and some cracked pepper – it’s delicious!
Note: If you prefer a chunky style soup you could cook up some brown rice and add to your soup at the end to create texture and a little munch – it’s up to you, get creative!
For more Recipe Inspiration follow us on pinterest and we want to see your recipe creations at home! So make sure you follow us on Instagram @rawblendoz tag us and use #rawblendoz!