Now this is a smoothie that is very reminiscent of the Strawberries and Cream lollies that I use to sneak when I was a child! Mum was always health conscious so we would rarely get any rubbish food in our house. I…as any child would do, would rebel and sneak them somehow.
I am now an adult and can understand why mum never let me indulge in lollies… They are full of horrible, horrible things!
We love our berries here in the office! They’re bright and colourful which can only mean one thing… ANTIOXIDANTS! However, this is not the only benefit when it comes to indulging in berries. Here are just a few reasons why we love Strawberries in general.
WE LOVE STRAWBERRIES
1. Strawberries will definitely help boost your immunity! They are jam packed with Vitamin C to help defend you from any nasty cold and flu
2. Strawberries are a great anti-inflammatory
3. They can help lower bad cholesterol (LDL)
4. Potassium is yet another heart healthy nutrient, and with 134 mg per serving, strawberries are considered a “medium source,” Potassium also helps to regulate blood pressure and may even help to lower high blood pressure by acting as a buffer against the negative effects of sodium
5. Strawberries are a good source of fibre
6. Low in calories
BUTTER BERRY SMOOTHIE
Submitted by Raw Blend
Serves: 2 people
- 1 banana (peeled)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 tbsp almond butter or nut butter of choice.
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar (more if you have a sweet tooth)
- 10 strawberries (cut into quarters)
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1 cup ice.
- Place your banana, almond milk, almond butter and coconut nectar into your 2L wet container and secure your lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to HIGH speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 20-40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Stop the machine.
- Divide the strawberries into two glasses and muddle them together with your fresh lime juice. I just used my tamper to muddle the strawberries.
- Pour your smoothie into the two glasses and enjoy.
- Garnish with some pomegranate arils or some more strawberries.