On my recent trip around the Internet food world I discovered this recipe and couldn’t help but try it out. A healthy Coconut Chocolate recipe that’s kept in the fridge! I don’t know about you all but I love cold chocolate. Especially in this heat. I also just love Chocolate.
This is a recipe that I am certainly not going to take credit for. It’s from the amazing “Falling in love with food” recipe book by the incredible Zoe Bingley-Pullin. I certainly have a culinary crush on this woman.
I made the Almond Meal, Coconut Flour and Almond Butter all in the Vitamix before hand. If you’re looking for a high quality high powered blender look no further than the Vitamix.
Coconut Chocolate Recipe
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Recipe by – Zoe Bingley- Pullin
Serves – 10 to 12 people
- 3/4 Cup organic cacao
- 1 cup of extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew spread of ABC spread
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 100g almond meal
- 100g coconut flour
- dash vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of cinnamon of chilli powder
- In a bowl, gently combine all of the ingredients
- Pour into a silicone ice tray mold or large, lined brownie tray / cake tin and place in the freezer for 60mins
- Cut into bite sized pieces or push out of the silicone ice tray and enjoy!
- Coconut oil melts when it gets warm, so this is best kept in the freezer or fridge.
- You can change or add ingredients to your taste.
- Try adding peppermint oil.. trust me… it’s amazing!