How to clean your Vitamix Container? We get this question a lot from customers who have stains on their Vitamix container from overuse or from spices such as Turmeric. Overtime, your Vitamix container will build up some scale from everyday use so here are some handy tips on how to clean your Vitamix Container.
Some people use normal bleach to clean their container. Just let it soak for a few hours and make sure that you give your container a really good rinse before using again.
There are some more natural ways to clean your container though…
Make your own “Bleach” recipe
This is a great way to make your own bleach recipe that isn’t as harsh as the real thing.
1) 4 cups water
2) 1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
3) 10 drops lemon essential oil
Let this mixture sit in your container for a few hours and then rinse really well. Give it a scrub with a non abrasive brush or cloth.
This is a great natural alternative.
1) Place one cup of vinegar or apple cider vinegar to your Vitamix container and add 2 Tbsp Bicarbonate Soda.
2) Fill up the rest of your container with boiling water. Be careful when doing this.
3) Let it soak for 4 hours or when you’ve gone out for the day.
4) Pour contents out & use a soft (non abrasive) brush to clean.
5) Rinse the container thoroughly with clean water.
6) Clean as you would normally.
This is a great technique which works really well for those stubborn Turmeric stains. This is a cleaning technique more for “Colour Stains” rather than scale or any other build up.
Simple – After giving your container a good rinse, place it out in the sun for a few hours. Watch the stains disappear! The UV rays are said to be really helpful in breaking down the colour stain.
We might sound crazy but it actually works! We have had clients prove it does.
If you believe your Vitamix container is beyond a good clean you can purchase a new container HERE
Why not add onto this the brand new VITAMIX TAMPER HOLDER to save it rolling around your kitchen bench.