They may be small but your Kidneys definitely pack a mean punch for their size.
Some interesting facts about your kidneys…
- The kidneys have a higher blood flow than the brain, liver or even the heart!
- The kidneys reabsorb and redistribute 99% of the blood volume and only 0.1% of the blood filtered becomes urine.
- Refined carbohydrates and sugar help the body make kidney stones.
SO STOP EATING THEM!
- Diabetes and high blood pressure are the two leading causes of kidney failure.
- Your kidneys receive about 56 litres of blood per hour.
These are just a few reasons why we need to keep our kidneys in fine form! They play such a huge role in how our body functions so stop procrastinating and start nourishing! You can start with this amazing KINDNESS KIDNEY CLEANSER and then try out my…
Kidney Nourishing smoothie.
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
- 1 cup coconut water (or almond milk, nut milk of choice or filtered water)
- 1-2 Tbsp. ground flax or chia seeds
- Good pinch of cinnamon
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice
- stevia to taste (optional)
- 1 cup Ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 60-90 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- For all of those hardcore sweet tooth’s out there! This isn’t a really sweet or strong tasting smoothie. This is why I love it! It’s super refreshing, simple and if you were wanting to sweeten it up, just add some more of your sweetener of choice.
- You could chill this recipe into ice blocks and they would make a delicious treat for the whole family.