Hey guys, it’s Tommy here at Raw Blend. Today I’m going to show you how to make my favourite after-workout protein smoothie. It is a really simple recipe for you all.
I’m going to start off with two cups of rice milk. You can use almond milk or soy milk. It doesn’t matter. Your going to put in a couple of bananas. Bananas are high in potassium, high in Vitamin B6, and a great low GI sweetener. They’re really, really good in smoothies. I’m also going to use a couple tablespoons of Teresa Cutter, the Healthy Chef’s Pea Protein.
You can use whatever protein you like, It’s up to you. I’m adding cacao powder, to give it a really nice chocolate taste and then if you like your smoothie a little sweeter you can add some Manuka honey.
I’m going to put in some chia seeds as well which are high in Omega threes.
I like to give it that nice sort of thick shake or frappe consistency. It makes it feel like it’s a little bit naughty even though it is really healthy for you.
After workout protein smoothie. Enjoy. Happy blending!
- Vitamix TNC (2L wet container)
- 2 cup rice milk
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp organic pea protein – The Healthy Chef
- 1-2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2-3 cup ice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- extra chia seeds to sprinkle on top
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.