Mangoes! They’re messy to eat yet OH SO TASTY! If you don’t feel like getting stringy teeth and sticky fingers from eating them… MAKE A DELICIOUS SMOOTHIE! Simple. Mango boasts so many amazing benefits so if you’ve been a hater maybe you should try and change that.
Here is just a few reasons why you should be adding mango into your diet.
Mango helps with Diabetes
Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood. Mango fruit also have a relatively low glycemic index (41-60) so moderate quantities will not spike your sugar levels.
Mango contains enzymes for breaking down protein. There are several fruits, including mangoes, which have this healthful quality. The fibre in mangoes also helps digestion and elimination.
Boosts Immune System
The amount of Vitamin C and Vitamin A in mangoes, plus 25 different kinds of carotenoids keep your immune system healthy and strong.
The high levels of fibre, pectin and vitamin C help to lower serum cholesterol levels, specifically LDL’s which are the bad lipoproteins.
One cup of sliced Mango supplies 25% of the needed daily value of Vitamin A which promotes good eyesight and prevents dry eyes.
The Tartaric acid, malic acid and a trace of citric acid found in mangoes helps to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.
MANGO BERRY SMOOTHIE
Submitted by: Raw Blend
Serves: 2 to 4 people
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 mango (peeled and seeded)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Optional – scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to HIGH speed.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 20-40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.