Ok, so this smoothie doesn’t contain any marshmallows but its colour reminds my of the treat I use to indulge in as a kid. What I can confirm is that this smoothie is jam packed with nutrients and the benefits certainly override the humble marshmallow. Just trick the kids into thinking it’s a vanilla milkshake. Fill them up on the good stuff!
Marshmallow Smoothie Recipe.
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes: 4 cups
Serves: 2 people
- 1 fresh coconut, flesh and water
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp white chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger grated (optional)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 cup ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.