Allergic to nuts or peanuts? No problems! We have you covered here at Raw Blend. Try out our delicious No Not “Peanut” Sauce recipe which is perfect to pour over any salad when you need a last minute recipe idea. No nasty additives and all real foods. It’s perfect!
Nut Free “Peanut” Sauce
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes: 2 cups
Serves: 4-6 people
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 4 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water for thinner consistency
- Put all ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing if necessary.
- Blend for 60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve how you desire!
We recommend using a good quality high powered blender like the Vitamix to ensure an amazing consistency.
The more water you add the thinner the consistency so this recipe is fantastic for a number of uses. Make it really thin for a simple salad drizzle, or thick for a Caesar salad dressing alternative or add to any burger for a taste sensation!