Prepare yourself for a flavour sensation! These pretty looking bliss balls certainly pack a decadent punch.They are perfect to whip up and store for when you are craving something sweet and are super simple to make last minute for those uninvited guests.
I wanted to make something slightly different to the usual Cacao Bliss ball so I pulled my inspiration from white chocolate. I don’t really want to know what is in regular white chocolate as I am sure it isn’t the healthiest of things… So I decided to make my own where I knew what was being used.
The key ingredient for this recipe is Cacao Butter. This superfood has a number of uses. It can be used as a skin moisturizer and to soothe and nourish moisture-depleted hair and skin. For those who are keen on ingesting their cacao butter it has been shown to help boost immunity and is vegan friendly as well as being kosher.
Let’s get down to business… RECIPE PLEASE!
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup almonds, blended into flour
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn your Variable speed dial to 6 and pulse the machine on and off 5 times for 3 seconds each time.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until you have a nice dough consistency.
- Roll the balls in any extra shredded coconut to coat and place on a plate lined with grease proof paper.
- Set the Bliss Balls in the freezer for about an hour and take out just before serving
I have garnished these with some coconut sugar, shredded coconut and some pomegranate arils that have been freeze dried. You can decorate them with whatever you feel! Try some chopped nuts or some goji berries.