It’s time to get rid of the refined junk and try something different!
Carbohydrates from refined grains get broken down into glucose so fast that there’s little difference between eating 10g of sugar and eating 10g of refined grains. We certainly don’t like a lot of sugar! Lots of glucose in the blood generates free radicals and damages proteins.
So in short… just stop eating refined carbohydrates!
Here is a handy recipe to get you all started.
Cucumber Noodles with a Creamy Carrot Sauce
Submitted by Raw Blend
Serves: 2 People
- 2 cucumbers, spiralized
Notes: You can use zucchinis although, some people don’t like the taste. You can even, once spiralized, pop the noodles in your dehydrator and dehydrate for 2 hours on HIGH (65 degress celsius). This removes any excess moisture and makes a yummy warm dish.
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Spiralize the cucumbers and place on a dehydrator tray and dehydrate on HIGH (65 degrees celsius) for one hour.
- Place all your sauce ingredients into your Vitamix 2L wet container and blend on HIGH until smooth and creamy. Use your tamper effectively as this is a thick recipe.
- Combine your sauce and noodles and add as many extras as you want! We added some tomatoes and raw corn kernels.
Feel free to dehydrate this mixture again for about half an hour to make it nice and warm without cooking it!
What are the benefits of Cinnamon?
- Cinnamon can help control blood sugar levels. Great for diabetics
- Cinnamon has shown an amazing ability to stop medication-resistant yeast infections
- Cinnamon is a powerful anti-bacterial
- For digestive support, cinnamon dramatically reduces the uncomfortable feelings associated with IBS especially the bloating. It does this by killing bacteria and healing infections in the GI tract and enabling the gastric juices to work normally.
- Great source of antioxidants
- At the first sign (within 5-10 minutes) of sniffles or an itch in your throat take some Cinnamon Tea or Cinnamon stick Tea. It is said to stop an impending illness in its tracks. Again this is related to the anti bacterial properties and warming properties of Cinnamon and its propensity to increase blood flow and thereby improve blood oxygen levels to fight illness.
What are the benefits of Cumin Powder?
- Cumin is extremely good for the digestion system. Cumin contains Cuminaldehyde which helps activate our salivary glands in our mouth, which facilitates the primary digestion of food.
- Cumin acts as an expectorant, meaning that it loosens up the accumulated phlegm and mucus in the respiratory tracts and makes it easier to eliminate them from the system via sneezing or coughing up and spitting. Maybe try mixing some cumin and cinnamon together with some Apple Cider Vinegar and warm water!
- Again, the essential oils present in cumin act as disinfectants and help fight viral infections which can cause the common cold.
- Cumin is very rich in Iron (more than 66 mg. in every 100 grams)
Stop being so refined. It’s vegetable spiralizing time!