It’s time to pump up the jam, pump it up! I love nothing more than rocking the earphones, listening to some wicked tunes and letting my body move! It’s refreshing and important to get the body exercising so we can condition it to be ready for whatever you throw at it. We also have to keep our bones and muscles in tip top shape for when we get older and wiser and don’t forget that physical exercise does keep the mind healthy too!
Don’t be scared of working out or afraid of others judging you! We’re all here on this planet to support one another and anyone who has a negative impact on your life should not take up any of your energy. Leave that for the spin class!
What good is a workout though if we just completely reverse our good deeds with a terrible diet? We have to nourish that stomach and not just the 6 pack protecting it. Some say that abs are made in the kitchen.
That being said though… it’s not all about the abs… we just want to be healthy and happy in general. To make things easier I have created a post workout smoothie that will be sure to please!
- 1 banana (peeled)
- 4 slices pineapple (without skin and about 3cm x 3cm in size)
- 1 fresh coconut (water and flesh)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey or coconut nectar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp flax seed oil
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 45-60 seconds or until smooth.
- Stop the machine and serve
This is a great post workout snack which will give you an amazing energy boost and help sustain blood sugar levels, has amazing anti-inflammatory properties and supplies your body with healthy fats. You can’t go wrong with this recipe! You can always swap the flax seed oil with coconut oil.