We recently celebrated Thanksgiving here in America … It was my first ever experience of Thanksgiving and honestly, having all of your loved ones gathered around and being thankful for what you have in your life is pretty awesome! You can check out our Monthly Guest Blog post from Paige Hemmis to find out more about this American tradition and how the Gift of Gratitude can help change your life.
So, where was I? Oh, FOOD. So … Thanksgiving Dinner is FULL of delicious recipes and they are all warming, robust and full of flavour, so I decided to bring a little Raw Blend to the table and created a delicious Rosemary & Garlic Potato Soup using my Vitamix.
Rosemary & Garlic Potato Soup
Serves: 2 -4 people
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 zucchini
- 3 -4 potatoes (boiled or steamed)
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1-2 spring onions (shallots)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 green chilli
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup cashews
- salt & pepper
- Peel and boil or steam your potatoes on a stovetop before adding to your recipe. It’s important to do this because spuds are so starchy, and trust me – you do NOT want starchy potatoes.
- Once the potatoes are softened. Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve hot!
- Garnish with finely chopped spring onions, rosemary and some cracked pepper – it’s delicious!
Note: If you prefer a chunky style soup you could cook up some coconut bacon recipe and add it to your soup at the end to create texture and a little munch – it’s up to you, get creative!
For more Recipe Inspiration follow us on pinterest and we want to see your recipe creations at home! So make sure you follow us on Instagram @rawblendoz tag us and #rawblendoz!