I love chocolate (carob) I love pudding and I love making it Vegan where possible! This is a super simple recipe and fanastic for those who don’t like a vegan pudding based on avocado, nuts or tofu. The base of this recipe is… MILLET! Millet is fantastic if you suffer from a Gluten Intolerance however, it contains goitrogens. Goitrogens are a substance found in food that suppresses thyroid activity and can lead to goiter, an enlargement of the thyroid. Hypothyroidism is a serious condition that can result in numerous issues so it’s always best to see if this grain is suitable for you.
Vegan Chocolate Pudding Recipe
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Serves: 2 people
- 1 cup cooked millet
- 10 fresh dates (soaked for 3 hours, pitted)
- 1.5 tbsp carob powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup soy milk or coconut milk
- small pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve
You can garnish with some fresh berries or even some grated vegan chocolate. The choice is yours! I found that the texture of this isn’t as smooth as using avocado or nuts however, it’s a great alternative. Just make sure the millet is really well cooked!