It’s no secret that I have a sweet tooth. Back in the day I could easily devour a whole chocolate cake and love but regret it at the same time. It’s horrible to think that so many people are on the same boat consuming empty calories. The amazing thing about this dessert is that it’s full of real food and ingredients and is jam packed with nutrients to make your body satisfied and not feeling to need to consume the whole cake. It’s high in calories, however, certainly not empty ones.
Salted Caramel Chai Cheesecake
Submitted by: Claire @ Team Raw Blend
Makes: 1 x 20cm cake tin or loaf tin
Serves: 10 – 12 people
Ingredients – Base
- 1 cup fresh medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 heaped Tbsp cacao powder or carob
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded (unsweetened coconut)
Ingredients – Filling
- 2 cups cashews (soaked in water overnight and then drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 8 fresh medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Loving Earth Dark chocolate (melted) for the garnish
Method – Base
- Place the walnuts, unsweetened coconut and carob powder in your 2L wet container and secure the lid.
- Turn machine on and pulse on HIGH speed 4-6 times using a spatula to scrape down the sides in between pulses if needed.
- Do this until you have a nice crumbly texture and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Place your dates into your 2L wet container and secure the lid.
- Turn machine on and blend on high until you have a smooth liquid. A few lumps won’t matter.
- Pour your date liquid into your crumb mixture and mix to create a mold able dough.
- Press dough into the base of a spring form tin and chill in the freezer and begin to prepare your filling.
We recommend using the Best Blender which of course is the Vitamix! We love its versatility and amazing quality.
Method – Filling
- Place all your filling ingredients into your 2L wet container and secure the lid.
- Blend on HIGH speed and use your tamper effectively to push the ingredients into the blade.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour filling over the base and chill in the fridge for a few hours.
Melt over the top some Loving Earth Dark chocolate and decorate however you like.