How does a Vitamix make Ice Cream? It’s pretty simple and we’re going to show you with a favourite fruit of mine… Watermelon! Watermelon would have to be on of my favourite fruits. Mix it with coconut and you have yourself a flavour sensation! I love this ice cream recipe. It’s simple to make and requires minimal ingredients.
Watermelon is considered a nutrient dense food which provides a high amount of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants whilst being low in calories. It has a great source of Vitamin C, helps reduce blood pressure, helps promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract. It’s made up of 92% water and is full of important electrolytes to help you stay hydrated especially in those warm summer days! It’s a great anti-inflammatory and helps you recover from muscle soreness.
Watermelon and Coconut Ice Cream
Submitted by: Claire @ Team Raw Blend
Serves: 2-4 people
High powered blender like the Vitamix
- 3/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 5 pitted medjool dates (soaked and drained)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 1/2 cups watermelon (cubed and frozen)
- Place the watermelon, coconut milk, dates and vanilla paste into your 2L Vitamix wet container and secure the lid.
- Select variable speed 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to HIGH.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve straight away and garnish with whatever you feel like.
- Alternatively, you could use cold watermelon and blend until you have a smooth consistency and set it in the freezer over night.