This Vegan Turmeric Latte recipe will surely make you feel as though you’re giving your insides a big snuggle. It’s the perfect sip for when you feel like a warm beverage and a good hit of nutrients. Turmeric is the incredibly vibrant orange – yellow spice which is a great dosha balancer in ayurvedic medicine. It is one of the best spices when it comes to fighting inflammation.
It is super important with this recipe that you don’t skip out the Black Pepper! Black pepper helps your body absorb the Turmeric so please don’t forget this vital component!
Vegan Turmeric Latte Recipe
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes – 250mls
Serves – 1
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp heaped fresh turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- Rice Malt Syrup to taste
- Pinch of black pepper.
- Gently warm your coconut milk in a small saucepan and do not make it boil!
- Add you turmeric, ginger and cinnamon and whisk lightly.
- Add your coconut oil and whisk lightly.
- Pour this mixture into your Vitamix blender and blend on speed 10 until it heats a little more.
- Blend until you reach your desired heat.
- Pour and serve! Sprinkle with some Cinnamon if you like.