Vegan Mayo Recipe. It’s a staple in the kitchen especially if you are wanting to cut down on your animal based products. It’s really simple to make and uses a base of chickpeas which are so much healthier for you. It lasts in a covered container for up to a week in the fridge.
Say goodbye to your conventional mayonnaise and give this one a whirl! You’ll absolutely love it for a change and it’s so cheap to make! Just be patient with the emulsion process. We highly recommend High Powered blender for this recipe.
If you’re not a huge garlic fan you can always omit a few cloves. I love garlic though. Garlic is life!
Vegan Mayo Recipe
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes – 2.5 cups
Serves – 10 to 15 people
- 4 medium cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons liquid from 1 can of chickpeas, plus 25 whole chickpeas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place your garlic, lemon juice, mustard, chickpea liquid, and chickpeas in your Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Blend on HIGH until completely smooth
- Turn your blender down to speed 5 and slowly drizzle in your vegetable oil.
- A smooth creamy emulsion should form.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk constantly while slowly drizzling in your olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
It’s important to use two different oils with this recipe to ensure the emulsion and thickness occurs.