The weather is cooling down a little bit so it’s time to whip out the Vitamix not for smoothies but for SOUPS! This Tommy Thyme Soup is one of our new favourites and it is so easy to make. I’m using the latest Vitamix Ascent 3500i series.
If you’re looking for a quality high powered blender look no further than the Vitamix Blender.
Tommy Thyme Soup
Submitted by Tommy @ Raw Blend
Makes – 1.5L
Serves – 3
- 2 cups water
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 red capsicum
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes (drained)
- 1 spring onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 handful almonds
- 1 vegetable stock cube (Massell)
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato for chunky style
- sundried tomatos
- olive oil
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 3-6 minutes or until desired temperature is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- If using a machine with automatic functions, blend on soup setting.
- If using hot water run for only 1-2 minutes.
- Raw Foodist like to only heat their soup to about 45 degrees so no enzymes are lost.