Don’t opt for the traditional stuff. You know what we’re talking about! Try your hand at this recipe! It’s so easy to make and if you don’t have hazelnuts we’re sure any style of nut would work when subbed in. Cashews. Brazil. Just make sure you roast them!
Vegan Newtella Spread
Submitted by Tommy @Team Raw Blend
Makes – 1L
Serves – 4 to 8 people
- 3 cups roasted hazelnuts (if raw, roast for 10-15 minutes at 180c or 350f – be sure to let cool before adding to Vitamix Container)
- 2-3 Tbsp raw cacao
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tsp sea salt
- Olive oil (as much as you prefer)
- Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 60 seconds.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Stop the machine and serve.
- For a creamier smooth texture and sweeter flavour – once roasted, wrap nuts in a kitchen towel and let steam 1 minute. Rub nuts in towel to remove loose skins (don’t worry about skins that don’t come off) and cool completely before blending.