G’day Guys, It’s Tommy here in the Raw Blend kitchen again and today I am going to be making you one of my all time favourite recipes, my Banana Smoothie recipe. I make this recipe at least 2-3 times a week and it’s one of my go-to recipes because this smoothie is full of fibre, potassium and low GI carbohydrates to give you sustained energy throughout the day!
So let’s get started …
- 2 bananas
- 1 small handful blanched almonds
- 4 dates (pitted)
- 1 Tbsp raw honey or sweetener of choice
- 1 good dash cinnamon
- 1 good dash nutmeg
- 2-3 cups ice
- garnish with nutmeg
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 30-60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.