We released this recipe for the festive season but it doesn’t need to be Christmas to enjoy these delicious treats! You can usually find frozen cherries in the supermarket. Just make sure your thaw them out and drain any excess juice. If you can’t find cherries use blackberries or raspberries! 🙂
Christmas Bliss Balls Recipe
Submitted by Tommy at Raw Blend
Makes – 14
Serves – 14
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews or blanched almonds
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup cherries (pitted)
- 1 cup shredded or fine coconut
- 1/4 cup of beetroot (peeled)
- 1/4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Sprinkle of rock salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 5 and pulse 6 times.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use the tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades whilst processing.
- Blend for 50 seconds or until desired consistency is reached, and stop the machine.
- Store in fridge or freezer until firm.
- Roll into balls and roll through shredded coconut.
If using the Vitamix Ascent 2L Container, you will need to stop the machine and scrape the sides. The 1.4L Ascent Wet Container being released in Australia in mid-2020 will be more ideal for this recipe when making in an Ascent Series Blender.