Smoothies! Yay! They’re simple, easy to make AND nutritious. They are a fantastic way of refueling after a workout and getting vital nutrients and minerals when you are on the go. Everyone today seems to be extremely busy so they resort to prepackaged meals or … yes… I said it… TAKE AWAY! Why bother wasting your money when you can make something that tastes good, suits your needs and it’s quicker and essentially cheaper than take away. I know it might be more satisfying for some to gorge on a large fries and burger but please people… experiment more with the amazing food that we have on offer and nourish and love your body. You only get one…
Here is a super tasty smoothie that I am sure most of you will love. It’s always a great idea to have a smoothie post work-out or after you have been fasting for a few days. When it comes to liquid meals the nutrient absorption is enhanced which helps when recovering from a workout or post fasting.
Submitted by Claire @ Team Raw Blend
Makes: 750mls – 1L
Serves: 2 people
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp psyllium husk or chia bran
- 1 banana
- 6 strawberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maqui powder
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. I used Bare Blends. You can use any protein powder that suits your needs and dietary requirements. Please note that it will alter the taste.
- Soak the psyllium husk or chia bran in the water and let it thicken. This usually takes around 10 minutes.
- Place this mixture in your 2L Wet Container along with the banana, berries, cinnamon, maqui, coconut oil, protein powder and ice and secure your lid.
- Turn onto variable speed 1 and then quickly up to variable speed 10 and override to HIGH speed.
- Blend until you have a nice smooth consistency. If you find it too thick just add some more water.
Note: Add a heap of ice to it to make a BerryNilla Sorbet! Genius! Garnish with extra berries and coconut flakes or a nice green mint sprig if you want to your #instagram feed looking flash 😉