Are you looking for a delicious dessert recipe to help satisfy those sweet tooth cravings? Then look no further because I have you covered.
I’ve recently been travelling the good old ‘land of the free’ and I’m feeling inspired by their love of all things decadent, sweet & delicious … the donut! The problem is they are full of refined sugars and i’m sure a number of not so nice ingredients that aren’t exactly good for you. With that in mind, I decided to create a health-IER alternative for your next sweet tooth craving. This Cinnamon-Choc Donut Smoothie will even have Homer Simpson reaching for seconds … DOH!
Cinnamon-Choc Donut Smoothie
- 1 coconut with flesh
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 2 bananas
- 1 green apple
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- Macadamias, pistachios or any nut of your choosing (crush enough to use as topping on your smoothie)
Optional: 1/2 cup macadamias (if needed to make it more creamy)
- Make your Raw Blend raw chocolate topping first and line the inside of your glass. I added a little at the bottom too for a nice burst of chocolate flavour when you get to the bottom at the end.
- Put all the smoothie ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. If you would like you smoothie mix thicker you can add in your macadamias now and blend until smooth.
- Stop the machine, poor into your glass and top with crushed nuts, sprinkle a little raw cacao on top and enjoy!