How to make Almond Milk in a Juicer? We’ve tried it in a good quality blender like the Vitamix so now’s the time to showcase just how good the Greenstar Elite Juicer is when it comes to Nut Milks. Not a fan of Almonds? Try Macadamia nuts, walnuts or cashews. Whatever suits your dietary needs.
What is Almond Milk?
Almond Milk is made by blending soaked almonds with water and then straining the mixture or simply putting soaked almonds through a juicer with some water. You can also add in any sweeteners you want like dates etc.
It has a light nutty flavour and a beautiful creamy texture similar to dairy milk. It’s the perfect substitute for Vegans and those who are intolerant to dairy.
You can find it in most supermarkets however, these ones can sometimes hide additional and unnecessary sugars. We recommend making your own at home to enjoy it’s delicious taste without the hidden nasties.
Benefits of Almond Milk
- It’s low in calories which is great for those watching their weight. This may not apply to all brands though so make sure you check the label.
- Unsweetened almond milk doesn’t raise blood sugar. It’s a low carbohydrate beverage making it perfect for those watching their waist line and blood sugar levels.
- It’s dairy free. Perfect for vegans and people with lactose intolerance or milk allergies.
- Enriched Almond Milk may strengthen your bones. Almond milk is often enriched with calcium which may help reduce with rise of osteoporosis.
- It’s easy to make!
Submitted by Tommy at Raw Blend
Makes – 1L
Serves – 2+
- 1 cup raw almonds with husk
- 2 medjool dates (pitted)
- filtered water
- Soak the almonds and medjool dates in 3 cups of water overnight.
- Use the fine juicing screen and turn your juicer on.
- Ladle the soaked almond mixture (including the water) into the juicer until complete.
- Store in a sealed jar or bottle in the fridge.