Craving chocolate? Well… you could quite possibly be lacking magnesium. This isn’t something to brush off and take lightly. Magnesium is an important mineral and we should all watch our intake to see if were are getting just the right amount.
Magnesium deficiency symptoms may include:
- Agitation and anxiety
- Restless leg syndrome
- Sleeping disorders
- Nausea and vomiting
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Low blood pressure
- Poor nail growth
All the more reason to keep on top of your magnesium intake. Here is a smoothie to help.
Magnesium Smoothie Recipe
Submitted by: Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes: 3 cups
Serves: 2 people
- 1 medium banana (peeled)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup berries of choice (blackberries or raspberries)
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup ice
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper to effectively press the ingredients into the blades if required whilst processing.
- Blend for 60-90 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Stop the machine and serve.