Who doesn’t love apple pie? Anyone? No one? Thought so 😉
Why not try a super yummy RAW version and say no to the junk food varieties that are stuffed with everything BUT apples.
How do you like them apples?
Raw APPLE Pie
Submitted by Raw Blend
Serves: 8-10 people
1 cup cashews, pistachios (mix)
1 cup dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 medjool dates, pitted
1/4 tsp. sea salt
3 medium apples
1 cup medjool dates, pitted
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1) Place the crust ingredients into your 2L Vitamix Wet container and pulse on HIGH a few times until a rough, mouldable mixture forms. Make sure to hold the container with one hand for support.
2) Mould your crust into a glass pie dish and place in the dehydrator to set on a high temperature (65 degrees celsius) for 3hrs
to help set. This step is optional.
1) Place 2 large apples, dates, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and sea salt into your 2L Vitamix Wet Container and secure the lid.
2) Turn your machine on to variable speed 1 then turn up to speed 10 and immediately override to HIGH speed.Use your tamper as this is a thick ingredient.
3) Pour filling ingredients into your base and decorate with your
left over apple.
In regards to those who accidentally swallow all their Apple Seeds… This is dedicated to you…
Apple seeds contain a substance called amygdalin that can release cyanide under the right circumstances such as contact with digestive enzymes.
The cyanide is linked to sugars in the form of a cyanogenic glycoside and these cyanide-releasing compounds are remarkably common in nature. They occur in more than 2,000 plant species including stone fruits like plums, peaches, apricots, and famously, bitter almonds.