Sweet and Savoury snack recipe. For when you can’t make up your mind on whether you want a sweet treat or savoury snack this recipe is perfect! It’s sweet, savoury and super crunchy!Feel free to sub in (or out) certain ingredients to suit you.
Sweet and Savoury Vegan Snack
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes: 1 loaf tin
- 2 cups puffed brown rice
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 5 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Mix the rice, chia, sunflower seeds, almonds and flax in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the maple syrup and coconut oil gently in a small saucepan. Whisk in the almond butter, coconut oil, sea salt, and spices. Pour wet ingredients over dry and mix thoroughly.
- Make sure you really incorporate the spice mixes into your liquid. You don’t want it to clump up in one section and get a nice big hit of chili!
- Press the ingredients into a small baking dish (11 x 7 or 8 x 8) firmly and evenly.
- Cover with a layer of alfoil and let it sit in the fridge for a little while to set.
- Cut them into whatever size suits and eat!