Hi guys, Claire here! Today we are creating in our Vitamix one of our most popular recipes, the Cacao Bliss Balls. These bliss balls are high in protein and healthy fats and are a delicious sweet snack for when you are on the go or for when those unexpected guests arrive. So let’s get creating …
- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup cacao power
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1 Tbsp chia gel (mix 2 tsp chia seeds with 2 Tbsp water to form a gel)
- Put all the ingredients into the Vitamix 2L container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Turn your variable speed dial to 10 and pulse the machine on and off 5 times for 3 seconds each time.
- Select Variable 1. Turn the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 10, then override to High.
- Use tamper really well to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Blend until you have a nice dough consistency.
- Roll the balls in any extra shredded coconut to coat and place on a plate lined with grease proof paper.
- Set the truffles in the freezer for about an hour and take out just before serving.
- The bliss balls will last for about a week when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.