Feeling like something a little different for your next dessert? Well… this is the recipe for you! It’s dairy free so a lot lighter on your stomach. No excuse for not having any room for dessert next time you’re having a three course meal 😉
Strawberry and Lime Cheesecake
Submitted by Claire @Team Raw Blend
Makes – 1 cake
Serves – 8+
Ingredients – Base
- 2 ¼ cups shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 cup Medjool dates (pitted)
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients – Filling
- 800ml coconut cream
- 2 cups strawberries (without stem)
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 ½ tsp powdered agar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
Method – Base
- Add all base ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 7 and pulse until you have a nice crumbly texture.
- Press all base ingredients into your lined tray.
- Store in the fridge for an hour to set.
Method – Filling
- Add ingredients except for agar and coconut oil, into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 and quickly increase to high speed, and blend until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and agar agar, and blend for 5 minutes on high speed.
- Cool for 20 minutes and add the mixture on top of the set base.
- Set in the fridge for around 3 hours and enjoy.